Who needs gluten? Headline Animator

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Day Three

I am becoming quite the chef trying new things for the diet. Last night my son and I made homemade chicken nuggets with the absolute BEST recipe there is. I got it from another great blog kept by Jim who has 2 children with Autism. http://gfcfrecipes.blogspot.com/2007/11/quick-and-easy-chicken-nuggets-just.html
These were supposed to taste exactly like McDonald's but they are SO much better. I made about 15 nuggets from one breast of chicken and he devoured the entire thing. Thank you JIM!!
We also made bread with the famous Noah's bread recipe. The particular one I had was not quite big enough for a bread pan, but I wasn't aware of this so I ended up with a flat lumpy unappealing looking load. BUT, after slicing it up, I realized I could make mini garlic breads out of it using Smart Balance Light (according to many others it HAS to be the light, says right on the label its dairy free). I tasted a piece of it and I have to say it was really good. The recipe link is http://gfcfrecipes.blogspot.com/2007/10/noahs-bread.html
Well anyway so far so good. He ate some delicious Buckwheat waffles this morning for breakfast and took two homemade peanut butter cookies and grapes for his snack. That recipe is on Bob's Red Mills site, I can't seem to access it right now.

No comments: